Last year I got to participate in a ridiculously fun blogger collaboration, Tracking Down Tunes, with a ridiculously awesome blogger, Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books. As 2016 came to a close, we were chatting about how much we wanted to do another feature together, and how this one should center around books somehow.
We ended up coming up with The Year of Recommended Reads to solve a few conundrums:
1) Having books that we’re “going to get to someday” that just sit forever on our Goodreads TBRs
2) Wanting the other to read a book but not being able to find a suitable reason/form of coercion 😉
3) Finally finding a reason to FORCE EACH OTHER TO READ All the Light We Cannot See
(no, seriously, we’ve been planning that buddy read going on 9 months. For real.)
So what exactly does this mean?
Basically, it means this: We’ve already chosen a book for each month – we’ll each read it during that month, and at the end of the month we’ll post our reviews on the same day. Here’s an idea of what you’ll see in each post:
- The reason we wanted to read that book (or why we wanted the other person to read it)
- A Goodreads summary of the book
- A side by side comparison of our Goodreads status updates (every 50 pages)
- A review, in 300 words or less
- Our favorite character(s), quote(s), and scene(s)
I loved working with Alexa last year and I can’t wait to see just how great this project is going to turn out to be!
If you want to get an idea what we’ll be reading this year … you don’t have to wait any longer, check them out below!
The Books That Make Up Our Project:
Have you read any of these books already?? Are there any I should be wicked excited about? OR – are there any of these books that have been sitting on your TBR shelves for a while? Maybe this is the year you’ll tackle them, along with Alexa and me!